In the scope of the Kyoto Protocol, the Member States of the European Union committed themselves to reducing their CO2 emissions by 8% by 2012 compared to the base year 1990.
To this end, the EU has adopted a CO2 Emissions Trading Directive, which has been implemented in national legislation in Austria as of Federal Law Gazette No. 46/2000 – ECA, Emission Certificates Act of 30 April 2004.
Austria has taken part in this reduction with a national objective of lowering CO2 emissions by a total of 13%.
In the scope of implementation, a national allocation plan including proposals for CO2 emission allowances in individual areas was drawn up and forwarded to the Commission.
Austrian industry is familiar with the permissible emissions and has been implementing the obligations set out in the ECA over the past years.
Highly qualified employees of TÜV AUSTRIA offer companies advice and support in this regard.
By decision of the Ministry of Life of 7 February 2005, TÜV AUSTRIA SERVICES GMBH is authorised as an independent inspection facility employing individual approved inspectors and experts according to § 10 ECA.
TÜV AUSTRIA offers the following services regarding CO2 management:
- General information on the subject of CO2 management and emissions trading
- Assistance with the application for approval of CO2 emissions
- Assistance with regard to the emission declaration, monitoring methods and implementation
- Expert’s reports and assessments regarding different monitoring methods
- Certification of operating procedures in the scope of measuring CO2 emissions, of the applied monitoring methods and the emission report
- Verification of the emission reports mandatory since the end of 2005
- Information on JI/CDM Projects
Operators of all types of plant as specified in the Austrian Emission Certificates Act are among our customers:
These include for example:
- Energy transformation and conversion plants (furnaces, mineral oil refineries, coke ovens)
- Iron metal production and processing plants
- Mineral processing industry (glass, cement, ceramics, bricks, tiles)
- Other lines of industry (e.g. paper, cardboard or carton manufacturing plants)
Odour nuisance is increasingly perceived as problematic by the general public. TÜV AUSTRIA can contribute significantly to solving this problem.
Based on long-standing experience and continuous further training, TÜV AUSTRIA experts are qualified to support industry and trade in surmounting odour problems.
Tried and tested processes and state-of-the-art measurement techniques serve as a basis to detect and analyse odorous substances precisely and objectively. You can therefore rely on irrefutable evidence regarding the emittants and their level of nuisance.
Besides measuring and assessing odorous substance emissions and immissions, TÜV AUSTRIA SERVICES GMBH employees offer hands-on assistance in implementing odour reduction measures and support their customers in dealing with the authorities.
TÜV AUSTRIA offers the following services regarding odour:
- Odour analysis
- Measuring the concentration and intensity of odorous substances
- Selecting the most suitable exhaust air cleaning system available
- Simulation and propagation calculations for odorous substances
- Measuring odorous substance immission and level of nuisance
- Assistance in dealing with the authorities