In most instances, the use of our website requires no personal information.
If any personal data (such as name, address, or email address) is collected, it is provided on a voluntary basis. By entering your information, you consent to its storage and processing for the purposes of administration and customer care. TÜV AUSTRIA fully recognizes the importance of handling your data with care.
If you are against the use of this information for the purpose of informing you about other products and special offers and denote this during the provision of your personal information, TÜV AUSTRIA will respect this preference.
What data is collected?
Information provided by you:
When using our website, mobile platforms, and the eLearning platform, you are specifically asked to provide data that can contain the following information:
- Contact details, such as your name, company name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address
- Optional information provided by you, such as title, function, department, website, date of birth
- Payment and billing information
- Information about Online Services that you have subscribed to
- Security questions and security answers
- Feedback with comments
Automatically collected information:
Certain user information is collected automatically for the purpose of data security and ease of use:
- The Internet Protocol address (IP address) used to connect your computer to the internet.
- Computer, device, and connection information, such as browser type and version, operating system, mobile platform, unique device identifiers, and other technical IDs.
- Uniform Resource Locator clickstream data, including the date and time that you view the content, and the URL from which you were referred to the website of TÜV AUSTRIA.
- Information on eLearning course progress.
- Form content, if applicable.
What happens to the data collected?
We collect this information to better understand your needs and wishes, and to provide you with better service. Below we have summarized the most important reasons why we collect certain data:
- To improve our services and products.
- To help provide information about new products and services that might be of interest to you.
- In order to contact you if this has been elected by you.
- To invite you to participate in surveys or similar promotional activities
- In order to invite you to participate in our Blended Learnings in a timely manner.
Your data will not be passed on to third parties outside the TÜV AUSTRIA Group without your express consent. We must highlight the fact that data transmissions over the internet (for example, when communicating via e-mail) can have security vulnerabilities.
On behalf of TÜV AUSTRIA, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of our website and mobile platform, compile reports for TÜV AUSTRIA on website activity, and provide other website- and internet-related services to TÜV AUSTRIA. You can disable the transmission of data generated by the cookie about your use of the website and the mobile platform (including your IP address) to Google and the subsequent processing of this data by Google via the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
Within Google Analytics, your IP address will not be merged with other data acquired by Google. Given the debate about the use of analytical tools with full IP addresses, we would like to point out that our website uses Google Analytics with the "anonymizeIp()" extension, therefore shortening IP addresses prior to processing, in order to exclude the possibility of a direct connection to an individual.
TÜV AUSTRIA uses Google Remarketing technology, a service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). With Google Remarketing, we can directly address site visitors with personalized internet-based advertisements, which appear when you visit other websites.
Links to other websites