The European Directive for Personal Protective Equipment (89/686/EWG), which is implemented in Austria by the PSA-Sicherheitsverordnung (Bundesgesetzblatt Nr. 596/1994 i.d.g.F.), demands rightly the Type Approval for this equipment by specially accredited and in the EU notified bodies.
- Personal Protective Equipment for the prevention of falls from heights, including accessories (for work and leisure, specially Personal Protective Equipment for mountaineers)
- Protective clothing against mechanical strikes, as well as the respective quality assurance
- For the final product (clause 11A of the EU-Directive)
- For the inspection of the quality assurance system (clause 11B of the EU-Directive)
Tests at the test rig according to EN standards, UIAA and other regulations. Due to the participation at relevant European expert groups of the testing bodies (notified bodies) we are always up to date.
- Type Test of Personal Protective Equipment including accessories as well as the issuing of Type Test Certificates
- Expert opinions regarding quality assurance systems for the production of Personal Protective Equipment. Repetition audits for quality management systems for the use of EU-wide valid marking.
As all installations on roofs, such as systems for energy generation or air conditioning systems, require regular maintenance. Technical fall protection (guard rail etc.) must be installed so that employees are protected against falling while performing maintenance work.
The fitting of technical fall safety devices can only be foregone in certain exceptional cases. However, in all cases of work with risk of falling employees must always be secured against falling, for example through restrictions (article 9 Construction Worker Protection Ordinance (BauV)) or through personal protective equipment (PPE).
Because these acceptance tests and the prescribed annually recurring tests not only affect the mounting of the anchorage equipment on the structure but also the suitability of the entire safety chain, (right through to training the employee), they should be undertaken by recognized specialists. Only this protects the owner or the maintainer against accusations of negligence in case of emergency and therefore from penal consequences.
TÜV AUSTRIA is also an accredited testing authority for PPE. We perform type testing both for personal protective equipment (according to PPE Safety Ordinance) as well as for anchorage equipment (according to European Standard EN 795) and roof safety hooks (according to European Standard EN 517).
- Advice in the planning of fall protection both for roofs as well as for all other work with a risk of falling, e.g., window cleaning. Advice at an early stage saves you expensive rebuilding work later on!
- Support for tendering the required work for the construction of anchorage equipment or technical fall protection.
- Support for the implementation of the legal regulations as documentation (Article 8 Bau KG).
- Acceptance testing of the entire fall protection system (consisting of anchorage equipment, personal protective equipment for the required work, operating instructions for the system mounted on-site as well as training corresponding to Article 14 of the Occupational Safety and Health at Work for Employees (ASchG).
- Performance of the prescribed annually recurring test of the entire system as well as personal protective items of equipment corresponding to Article 14 of the PPE Directive (PSASV).