Correction TV broadcast "Das gefährliche Geschäft mit der Gesundheit", ARD, November 26th, 2018
- created by TÜV AUSTRIA Group Marketing & Communication
German television channel ARD broadcast a report on medical products on November 26th, 2018: "The Dangerous Health Business" (German, "Das gefährliche Geschäft mit der Gesundheit"), features a clip from the Dutch report show "Radar TV", which was broadcast by the Dutch television Station Avrotros on December 1st and 8th, 2014. TÜV AUSTRIA is misrepresented in this misleading report.
- Radar TV has concealed the fact that the imaginary medical
device from the fictitious ISolve Medical company failed in 14
- The Radar TV editorial team did not even manage to proceed beyond the stage of a preliminary meeting.
- Radar TV recorded the handover and discussion of the list with the 14 objections on a hidden camera. Radar TV never mentioned this either in the 1st broadcast, nor in the 12/8/2014
broadcast. In the following screenshot you can clearly see that the list of our objections is visible in the foreground. Download the List of Non-Conformities here.
- Despite multiple requests, no product sample was provided.
- The manufacturer may only attach the CE mark if they have demonstrated that they can produce their products at the required quality. Radar TV's fictitious ISolve Medical
company never produced this evidence. Therefore Radar TV's assertion that the product presented in
the broadcast could ever receive a CE mark is incorrect.
TÜV AUSTRIA stopped its activities in this field more than three years ago. No medical product certified by TÜV AUSTRIA has ever been questioned.